SIGNS YOU'RE AN EMPATH & HOW TO DEAL WITH IT
February 22 2023 – Delikate Rayne
An empath is someone best defined as being highly aware of the emotions of those around them, to the point of feeling those emotions themselves. They are often called highly sensitive and emotional sponges of the world's joy and stresses -- which could be avoided with managing healthy boundaries.
With the ability to see the world differently, they are thought to be keenly aware of others, their pain, and emotional needs. However like emotions, they can feel the physical pain and sense the intentions of others as well. They tend to "lack the filters most people use to protect themselves from excessive stimulation and can’t help but take in surrounding emotions and energies, whether they’re good, bad, or something in between," according to our sources.
But how do you know if you are an empath? Well, below are signs you are this highly sensitive individual:
You take on other peoples’ emotions as your own picking up on tiny changes in expression, body language, or tone of voice that others miss
2. You’re overwhelmed by emotions in public and need time to recharge
3. The “vibe” or mood of a room is crucial to you
4. You understand different people's perspective and where they're coming from
5. People turn to you for insight and comfort during difficult times as you have the ability to also heal them
6. Tragic or violent events on TV can completely immobilize you
7. You openly express your love of pets, animals, or babies
8. You feel people’s physical illnesses
9. You can become overwhelmed in intimate and close relationships
10. You can tell when someone is lying or being deceiving
11. You find it difficult to understand why a leader doesn’t put their team first
12. You do not like conflict and can't stand to see someone in pain without helping
13. You seek refuge in nature whether on a hike or sitting alone under a tree for hours
14. You may feel like you don’t fit in or relate to others
15. You struggle with setting boundaries even though they are your necessity
If you happen to identify with most or all of the signs above, you can definitely call yourself an empath. Being a super feeler comes with its perks but it can be extremely difficult to navigate daily life as an empath. However, you can learn to deal with it by setting healthy boundaries and sticking to them, starting your day off by setting daily intentions, keeping record of your emotions and learning to withdraw when needed, spending time in nature without the influence of the city or crowds, questioning if emotions are yours when upset, journaling to process what you’re feeling and thinking, practicing ground meditations and energetic clearing techniques, scheduling in some sacred alone time, crying, drinking plenty of water, and practicing yoga or a martial art to help move energy around your body and avoid any stagnation.
Source: Highly Sensitive Refuge & Healthline