In spite of the multitude of beauty concerns that bombard us all everyday, there is a multi-tasking problem solver and his name is….Dr. Bronner. There are few more eager to live up to the all-in-one hype than Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile Liquid Soap, with 18 different uses in one post-consumer recycled plastic bottle. These hemp fusion soaps can be used for washing pretty much every part of your body. Some of our FAV uses include good old body wash, face cleanser, all-in-one shampoo and conditioner, softening shave cream, bubble bath and even toothpaste…yes we said toothpaste! Deriving from organic essential oils, these soaps not only last for months but really pack a punch. Check out our multipurpose list below!
1. Body Wash | This soap is perfection as a body wash, and will last forever. Squirt a small amount on a wash cloth or loofah, and it will bubble up like magic. Because it's not made with any chemicals and only contains organic ingredients, it is especially ideal for sensitive skin.
2. Face Wash | Made with essential oils to moisturize and coconut oil to disinfect, and they are everything that your face has been dreaming of. Whether you have dry or oily skin, this will act as the perfect balancing act for that sweet face of yours. Put two to three drops on wet hands, and lather away.
3. Shampoo + Conditioner | Although the brand now offers shampoo specifically for your hair, we still like to use the classic soap. A classic is a classic for a reason, right! Put roughly half a tablespoon in your hand and work it into damp hair. Make sure to rinse thoroughly as residue will cause oil build up.
4. Shaving Cream | The days of splurging on expensive shaving cream are no more. Just work this soap into a lather, shave, and rinse away. This potion will leave your goodies hairless and glowing. Generally three drops for under arms, and a teaspoon for legs will do the trick.
5. Bubble Bath Oil | Dr. Bronner's does lather a lot, but not so much in a tub of water (unless extremely agitated with water jets.) In this case, it will serve more as a bath oil. So drop in two tablespoons and soak away. The line offers a tone of amazing scents for you to relax in, but our favorites for bath time are rose and lavender.
6. Toothpaste | Now this one sounds strange, we know! But trust us on this one. While the entire liquid soap line contains coconut oil, this will act as both a natural oral cleanser and a teeth whitener. Make sure to only use a single drop on your toothbrush and distill with water. This elixir will guarantee fresh breath, prevent unhealthy bacteria from thriving in the gums and make those pearly whites shine. Peppermint, tea-tree, eucalyptus or citrus are all excellent choices.
Now go and put these multi-use delights to the test!
Imagery via product's own sites and Google Images
Words written by Mallory Maupin