LIKE A DIAMOND
All that glitters is not gold…. But can it be? With this gold, edible, vegan glitter, now everything in your life can shine bright like a diamond. Simply follow the link below to Amazon where you’ll find this gold vegan edible glitter. It’s perfect for making your baked goods glimmer! Try sprinkling some of top of these vegan funfetti cupcakes or throw it over the top of some vegan chocolate candies to make your desserts shine!
One Bowl Vegan Funfetti Cupcakes
- 1 cup non-dairy milk + 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) vegan butter (such as Earth Balance), softened
- scant 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup rainbow sprinkles* + more for topping
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) vegan butter, softened
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Splash non-dairy milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a standard muffin holder with 12 paper liners.
- In a liquid measuring cup, measure out non-dairy milk and add vinegar or lemon juice. Let set to curdle/activate.
- Add softened butter to a large mixing bowl and cream with a mixer. Then add sugar and vanilla and beat until combined and fluffy - about 2 minutes.
- Add dry ingredients (omitting sprinkles) to a sifter in this order: 1 cup flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and then remaining 1/2 cup flour.
- Sift over butter/sugar mixture alternating with the almond milk mixture. Blend until until well incorporated and no large lumps remain.
- Add sprinkles and gently fold/stir with a rubber spatula or mixing spoon.
- Divide evenly among cupcake holders making sure NOT to overfill. These do best at 3/4 of the way up.
- Bake on a center rack at 350 for 20-24 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. They will only have a very, very slight golden brown color.
- Let cool completely on a cooling rack. In the meantime, prepare frosting.
- Wipe clean your mixing bowl and add softened butter. Beat until light and fluffy. Then add vanilla and mix once more.
- Add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time and continue mixing until thick and creamy. Drizzle in a little non-dairy milk to thin. You want this frosting to be very thick so it will hold its shape once on the cupcakes.
- Once cooled, frost cupcakes and top with sprinkles. Serve immediately. Store leftovers covered at room temperature or refrigerated.
Imagery via M Magazine, The Minimalist Baker & Amazon
Recipe via The Minimalist Baker
Words written By Grace Esler